The Confucius Institute at the University of Minnesota (CIUMN) offers several community classes on Chinese language and culture. We offer class sessions during the fall, spring, and summer. Our 10-week classes meet once a week from 6:00 - 7:30pm at the University International Center .
2019-2020 term dates:
- Spring 2019: February 11 - April 25 (no classes week of March 18)
More about our classes:
- Full descriptions of each course offering is available on our website .
- Placement tests are also available on our website and are located under each corresponding course level. If you are unsure about what class to register for, please email a completed placement test to email@example.com . One of our instructors will evaluate your test and provide a recommendation for a class that will best suit your needs and abilities.
- Classes are open to students ages 15 and up. For questions, please contact the Confucius Institute.
Beginning I - Section A
Beginning I - Section B
Please note: Schedule of class offerings may change based on availability of instructor or may not be offered if student enrollment is low.
- Please review our policy on class cancellations and refunds (also listed below) and register by our priority deadline Monday, January 28, 2019.
- If you are registering a person under 18 years old, you will be contacted to provide contact information for a parent or guardian.
- You may register up to 4 people at once during the registration process.
- Registrations received beginning January 29 will be charged at the rate of $285, which includes a $35 late registration fee.
- Late registrations will be accepted through February 15.
Select course below to begin registration:
- Any class not meeting minimum enrollment by four business days before the class start date will be cancelled and you will be contacted.
- If we must cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment or any other circumstance beyond our control, we will offer a full refund or issue credit toward another class.
- 100% of tuition (less a $25 processing fee) will be refunded if a student elects to drop a class up to seven business days before the class start date.
- 50% of tuition (less a $25 processing fee) will be refunded if a student drops a class within two business days after class start date.
- After this period (even if students register after the start of the term), if a student elects to drop a class, tuition will NOT be refunded for any reason except documented medical emergencies.
- Tuition may not be prorated.