2018 Neuro-Oncology Symposium
May 7-8, 2018
McNamara Alumni Center
200 Oak Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
The mission of the Neuro-Oncology Symposium is to educate researchers, clinicians, students, trainees, patients, caregivers, and community members on current and developing therapies for brain and nervous system tumors. For more information on the Brain Tumor Program, please see our website BrainTumorProgram.umn.edu
- The Researcher/Provider Program is designed for researchers, clinicians, students, and trainees with an interest in neuro-oncology. However, everyone is welcome to attend.
- Experts from the University of Minnesota and around the country will discuss current advances in neuro-oncology research. Participants will also have the opportunity to interact with patients, families, caregivers, and community members.
- Sessions topics: Genetics, Physics & Modeling, Emerging Therapies, Blood Brain Barrier
- All attendees are welcome to attend these sessions; however, please note that there will be more technical jargon in these talks.
- The Patient/Caregiver Program is designed for patients, families, caregivers, and community members with an interest in neuro-oncology.
- Participants have the opportunity to interact with leading researchers and providers in the field of neuro-oncology. This platform gives patients, families, caregivers, and community members the opportunity to ask questions and learn about the latest treatments and theories directly from those who develop and practice them.
- All attendees are welcome to attend these sessions. These talks will be aimed for a general audience.
Monday, May 7, 2018
Morning and afternoon provider/researcher sessions, Memorial Hall
Poster session and reception in the afternoon, Johnson Great Room
Dinner and keynote presentation in the evening, Memorial Hall
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Morning and afternoon patients/caregivers sessions, Johnson Great Room
Early Registration (available until March 31)--
- Regular Attendance: $150
- Student/Resident/Fellow: $75
Late Registration (April 1 - May 7)--
- Regular Attendance: $175
- Student/Resident/Fellow: 95
- Patient/Caregiver: Complimentary registration has been provided thanks to support from the American Brain Tumor Association
Conference Registration includes Continental Breakfast and lunch on both days in addition to dinner Monday Evening
ParkingParking ramps, surface lots, and parking meters are available at your expense. The University Avenue Ramp is adjacent to Mcnamara. Other nearby parking ramps are the Washington Avenue Ramp as well as the Oak Street Ramp . More information about parking and directions can be found on the McNamara website .
Hotel AccomodationsOvernight accomodations are not included with registration. The Commons Hotel and the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis-University are located nearby and can be contacted directly for reservations. The Commons Hotel is connected to McNamara and the phone number is 612-379-8888. The DoubleTree phone number is 612-504-3000.
Questions? Please contact:
Registration: U of M Tickets & Events (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Schedules, presenters, events, and related fees subject to change.