3rd Big Ten Academic Alliance Lipids Symposium
McNamara Alumni Center
200 Oak Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
The University of Minnesota will be hosting the 3rd Big Ten Academic Alliance Lipids Symposium on September 27th, 2019! We have a great lineup of speakers representing 9 different Big Ten Universities. In addition, we will have a poster session for students and postdocs on all things lipids. Please see the links below for the program information, registration, abstract submission and housing.
We’d love to have anyone interested in lipids join us here in Minnesota for the meeting! Please share information about the meeting with others at your institutions and departments.
Below is a summary of the program:
|8:00 AM||-||8:20 AM||Check-in and poster set-up|
|8:20 AM||-||8:30 AM||Welcome and Introductions|
|8:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||Presentations|
|10:00 AM||-||10:30 AM||Break / Poster Review|
|10:30 AM||-||12:00 PM||Presentations|
|12:00 PM||-||2:00 PM||Lunch / Poster Review|
|2:00 PM||-||3:30 PM||Presentations|
Please click here for a PDF of the current tentative program details.
Attendees should submit abstracts by using the link below. Please create your document in a Microsoft Word format, with title, authors, affiliation and abstract (250 words max). Abstracts should be submitted by September 1, 2019.
Please click here to submit your abstract
Please note: Submitting an abstract does not automatically register you for the symposium. Please remember to register to attend.
Registration fee: Free, but registration required. Please register each attendee separately.
We encourage you to register separately for each person attending. On the last page of registration there are several questions to answer relating to your organizational affiliation, accessibility needs, and box lunch choice. Box Lunch Choices: (all include fresh fruit cup, chips and a cookie)
- Asian Chicken Salad: with romaine lettuce, Asian vegetables, crispy noodles, and honey-sesame dressing
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: with garlic croutons and shaved parmesan
- Tarragon Chicken Salad: with cashews and romaine lettuce
- Grilled Salmon Salad: with grilled vegetables, roasted tomatoes, couscous, and cucumber-tomato relish
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad: with artichokes, feta, red onion, sun dried tomato, olives, and lemon vinaigrette
- Roast Beef Sandwich: with sautéed mushrooms, onions, fontina cheese, tomato, and horseradish-mustard aioli
- Creamy Tuna Salad Sandwich: with capers, tomatoes, and fresh basil
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwich: with sprouts, tomatoes, and dill-cucumber cream cheese
- Turkey and Bacon Sandwich: with fontina, tomato, romaine lettuce, and aioli
- Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich: with Sicilian onions, mozzarella, tomato, lettuce, and aioli
Room Block Available until full or September 1:
Graduate Hotel Minneapolis
615 Washington Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Ask for the "UM Biochemistry" Room Block or book online at GraduateHotelMpls_UMBiochem
Parking Info:University Avenue Ramp
Washington Avenue Ramp