The program rules for our grant funding require that registrations fall within the annual grant period. We are not permitted to extend or exchange registrations between grant periods. As part of these requirements, we follow the policies below regarding changes to registrations. The key to these policies is communication.
Unable to Attend Scheduled Course:If you have registered for a course, and are unable to attend, please note that the following policy will apply.
More than 2 business days prior to the scheduled start date:
- Please contact U of M Tickets & Events to exchange to another regularly scheduled course.
Less than 2 business days, or a ‘no-show’ at the course:
- Call the Hazardous Waste Worker Training office at 612-626-2596 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise them of the situation. They will determine your eligibility for an exchange, or a potential refund.
- Non-attendance at a course: Participants who do not contact UMTE or Hazardous Waste Worker Training office regarding their course attendance will be charged full course enrollment fee to cover the cost of the equipment/books/materials. No exchanges/refund will be provided.
Course Cancellation:If a course is canceled due to low enrollment, the following options will apply:
- Exchange to another public course date
- If no other course dates are available, a refund will be granted.
All hazardous materials courses are designed to meet OSHA training requirements under 29CFR1910.120(q) (HAZWOPER) for hazardous materials emergency responders as mandated by the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA).