40 Hour Emergency Response Completion: $480
- This 16 hour in-person course of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on experience builds upon the 24 hour course (a prerequisite for participating in this completion course). The Technician Level course is designed to provide training required by OSHA 1910.120 to respond to releases with the purpose of stopping the release.
- Topics include: implementation of emergency response plans, classification and identification of unknowns, field survey instruments, response tactics, hazardous materials technology, decontamination of personnel and equipment.
Main Course Location:
University of Minnesota East Bank Campus, Minneapolis, MN 55414
(specific location of your course will be sent with the materials prior to the course.)
This course offers 16 Continuing Education Hours. (40 total hours when both the required courses are completed.)
All sessions are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Registration Notes:For participants interested in 40-hour technician level completion at UMN.
The University of Minnesota offers 2-day in-person 40 hour technician level hazardous materials completion for participants who have completed initial Operations Level hazardous materials training as defined under 29CFR1910.120.
To be admitted to a 40-hour completion course at UMN, participants MUST provide the following information to the UMN hazmat program before registering:
1) Name of course provider/training institution where operations training was completed.
3) Copy of training course objectives/agenda
3) Certificate of completion with trainee's name, that is no more than 18 months old.
Following review of the above, participants may register for the course. Documentation MUST be provided to UMN before participants can register for the completion course. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Each participant should register separately. There are questions at the end of the registration process that relate to the individual registrant and will help us provide accurate check-in information to the instructor, as well as proper certificates of completion to the registrant. Thank you!
- Individual registration, online or by phone, requires payment by credit card. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Organizations may opt to be invoiced to pay by check for their registered participants.
- If your organization needs to pay by check, please contact Dan Wozney at email@example.com for assistance.
All hazardous materials courses are designed to meet OSHA training requirements under 29CFR1910.120(q) (HAZWOPER) for hazardous materials emergency responders as mandated by the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA).