UMN Crookston 2021 Pi Run
Pi is the constant that relates a circle’s diameter to its circumference. Rounded, it is approximately 3.14. One of the most common running races offered to the public is a 5k run, which is 3.1 miles.
We feel it is more interesting to say you ran 3.14 miles instead of the usual 5K or 3.1 miles. Therefore we have created the Pi Run (3.14mi).
Everyone can participate! The Pi Run is open to men and women of all fitness levels and we welcome strollers and you are welcome to run or walk. Online registration is open through April 16. If you miss the online registration deadline, you can sign up on the day of the race at the Highland Park Complex.
This year the race is on April 17, 2021.
Race day times are as follows:
9:30 AM: Registration/Packet Pickup Begins
10:00 AM: Pi Race Begins! (Staggered start to help with COVID restrictions and social distancing)
11:30 AM: Awards Ceremony
2021 Registration Fees:
Adults/General Public (5K): $31.14
- NOTE: Advance Registration will close on April 16, 2021 at 11:59 PM. After that time, please plan to register in person at the event.
- The registration process will allow you to register up to 5 participants.
- On the last page of registration, just prior to making your payment, you will need to answer questions about the racers
- For the Waiver Agreement, please select Yes for each racer that you are registering.
- If you wish to register more people, you will need to create a separate registration.
- 5 K racers will get a t-shirt and will need to select a size as part of registration.
- COVID restrictions will be in place when arriving for registration on race day. Runners will be asked to maintain 6 feet social distancing and wearing masks. Once runners start the race, they do need to keep their mask on until they finish.
- Participants are asked to park in the lot at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.