Effective March 21, the following indoor mask requirements will be in effect in University-owned facilities:
Masks are still required:
- In all classroom and instructional laboratory settings
- In all healthcare settings
- In all transit settings as required by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). When the FTA requirement is eliminated we will remove this provision.
- In settings where masks are required due to environmental or hazardous material conditions
Masks are not required:
- In any dining setting (food courts, residential dining halls, etc.)
- In common areas (hallways, student unions, study spaces, libraries, recreation facilities, etc.)
- In all University office workspaces
- At all sporting events
- At all entertainment venues
- At spring commencement events
Individuals may continue to wear masks at any time, and in any location, as a matter of personal protection. As a community, we will continue to respect and honor the choices of all individuals who feel more comfortable wearing a mask, are immunocompromised, or who are taking additional steps to protect their families or others.