Wednesdays, April 4 - May 23
6:30 - 9:00 PM
Half day session: May 6
Instructor: Jean Haley
Mayo Meditation Space
University of Minnesota - East Bank campus
Mayo Memorial Building
420 Delaware Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an 8-week program developed by Christopher K. Germer, PhD, and Kristin Neff, PhD through the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion. Research has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional wellbeing. It boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help maintain healthy lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise.
Most of us feel compassion when a close friend is struggling. What would it be like to receive the same caring attention whenever you needed it most? All that’s required is shift in the direction of our attention—recognizing that as a human being, you, too, are a worthy recipient of compassion.
In this program, you’ll learn:
- how to stop being so hard on yourself
- how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
- how to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
- mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
- the theory and research behind mindful self-compassion
- how to become your own best teacher
Cancellations must be made in writing at least five days in advance of the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Name, address, and phone number method are mandatory for both registration and refunds; we will also need your payment information to process a refund (please do not send via email).
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program Refund Policy
Prior to the event,
- More than 14 days before event: A full refund will be offered.
- Less than 14 day but more than 5 days before event: A refund less $25 processing fee will be offered.
- Within 5 days before an event & space can be filled from waiting list: A refund less $25 processing fee will be offered.
- Within 5 days before an event & space CAN NOT be filled from waiting list: 75% refund will be offered or transferred to another series in the same year, space permitting.
After classes have begun,
- After class 1: 75% refund or transfer to another series in the same year, space permitting
- After class 2: 50% refund or transfer to another series in the same year, space permitting
- After class 3: No automatic refunds or transfers
Exceptions to this policy are granted for extenuating circumstances. For more information, participants should speak with their instructor, or send an email to email@example.com or call 612-624-9459.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Disability accommodations are provided upon request.